In-tank pump filter source for Bosch F.I. spider?

Anyone have a part number or a source OR an alternative for the sock-type
filter on the in-tank pump for a Bosch F.I. Spider?

Right now I'm using a new pump without the OEM-type filter but installed a
small in-line NAPA filter before the main fuel pump.  Unfortunately this does
not project the in-tank pump from contamination.

My latest project sat for a few years thanks to the P.O. and I had the remove
the tank to thoroughly clean it.  The original in-tank pump and filter were
literally dissolved by the old varnished fuel.

Anyway, a few months after installing a new main pump and filter, the main pump
begin to sound like it was cavitating.  I removed it to find a small wedge of
very fine rust particles partially blocking the inlet.  After cleaning the pump
and replacing the filter, the problem went away.  I have also had the in-tank
pump stop working from a small particle blocking the impeller.

The small rust particles are most likely left over from the metal fuel lines.
The tank is still very clean and the main fuel filter protects the rest of the
fuel injection system.

Jeff