RE: NEW Maseratis (minimal Alfa content, but some)

John Hertzman wrote: "A related question: Do serious and informed Ferrari
buyers think that way - lower it, space-out plus-two wheels with wider
thinner tires and get a better sounding exhaust? Not really looking for an
answer, just perplexed. (Not the
first time, surely not the last -)

-

Seeing as I own a Ferrari, and know several people that do I can shed some
light on this. Generally there are two types of Ferrari owners in the world
... those that polish, wax and detail their cars and drive them very little,
and others that actually use them.

I use mine quite a lot, and know several others who do as well. I did change
the exhaust on mine to a Tubi, love the sound, and the substantially lower
underhood temperatures. I do have the stock tire size on mine, but know many
people who have gone with one size increase front and rear on the 308/328
series and are very happy with the gains in handling, at the cost of greater
steering effort at lower speeds.

Just my .02

To each his own, whatever makes you happy ...

Jeff