Re: 164LS auto tranny problem

Graham:

Are you getting the red light on the dash for transmission trouble? Does the sport/Auto/Ice dash indicator work? Does engaging sport mode work? Do you have the manuals / car disk? If not I can reread the transmission diagnostics in the morning and see if there are any clues.

When my transmission wiring harness shorted out I could only select reverse. When the flat bed got the car to my service provider, it was driveable in 3rd (limp mode only) and the harness to the cooling fan (so I recall being told) burned.

If you can still shift gears, but not to fourth, this may not be electrical. Let me know what your find out.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
1994 164 LS