Michael's mystery hose

CM Smith Said:

"Rummaging around under the "aquarium" cover the other day I removed a
handful of fibreglass pink insulation carefully composed of approximately
ping pong ball sized tufts (hello mice), a very rusty 12 mm snap on socket,
and located a vacuum hose with what looked like a black plastic sleeve
connector (internal type clearly intended to join two vacuum hoses
together) obviously unconnected underneath the power steering reservoir."

Michael, could it be the 'overflow' hose for the power steering resevoir? If
you remove the cap to the resevoir and look around the edge you'll find a hole
into which the fitting on the end of the mystery hose fits. The overflow hose
then exits downward to the ground. This is the only hose I can think of with a
fitting on the end in the immediate area. I guess someone, certainly not
you..., removed the hose to look at/top-off the power steering fluid, and
forgot to reattach the hose after refitting the cap? And byt the way, I've been
missing my 12mm SnapOn wrench!

Adam

--
Adam S. Doherty