Re: Real Photographers Don't Use P&S?

There are numerous "pro photographers" that recommend keeping a P&S camera
handy and readily available. The reason? You never know where your going
to be that you might find the "perfect" picture that won't wait for you to
get out your gear. Use the P&S and capture the moment. If it lasts, you
can get your gear out and work on getting better images. The P&S cameras
usually included variable zoom lens but were small enough to keep in a
pocket/fanny pack/outside pocket of backpack or camera bag.

I've seen more than one article where some P&S digital cameras (back then
they were 1 to 2 MP) with the LCD screen were recommended to preview
the image, playing with exposure or other settings to "preview" what the
settings may yield. Then using that as a starting point working with film.