Re:lower sump

Ron,

If you are replacing your oil pump as part of your engine rebuild, you will
have to use the later deeper sump to accommodate the longer pump.  The lower
sump from the '84 spider would work just fine or you can get a brand new one
for about $150.00.  If you are reusing your old oil pump, I've probably got a
nice shallow sump laying around for pretty cheap but I wouldn't recommend
rebuilding an engine without replacing the pump.

Bill Sinclair