Re: autocrossing (now: question on Grassroots)

> the Jag was running "period correct" 185R15 Michelin redline tires.  The
Porsche sneakers where
> 165R15 Michelin XZX also period correct.  The Honda was running
225/60/16TR
> Michelin Symmetry skins mounted on factory alloy wheels.  The Honda has a
> 3.5 Vtec engine producing 240hp, ABS, 4 wheel disc. and independent
> suspension. Talking about comparing apples to oranges!

Yeah, but that's the whole point!  They were comparing the watershed
performance cars of the 1960's with a dopey seven-passenger grocery getter
of today.  They didn't tweak the old cars, and they didn't tweak the new
minivan.  It was a comparison of the ultimate older sportscars against the
ultimate newer "mom wagon".  The whole point of the article is "apples to
oranges".

I would have liked to see a GTV in there.  I would think a 1750 GTV would
have smoked the Odessey on an autocross course.  Better midrange and top-end
acceleration than the Porsche, great braking, and probably more predictable
and balanced handling...

Paul Misencik
P. Roman Media
Huntersville, NC  28078