Thermo Couple flasher unit - no AR content but can anyone help?

Whilst investigating the non-flashing indicators (turn signals) on my
motorcycle, I find that I probably need to source a replacement
thermo-couple type flasher unit. No doubt I can buy it from Yamaha but these
units are so simple and lightweight, they surely must be available in a
fairly standardised form from many sources. I wouldn't be surprised to find
that Yamaha want 10 pounds (USD 15) for something that should cost about 50p
(75 cents).

Can anyone please point me in the direction of more information of this
subject? I am having trouble finding out what is the standard term or terms
for this thing and what are the standard fittings, sizes, ratings etc?

The one on my bike is 6V - 18/23W and has "85 C/M" written on it.

Thanks in advance...

nk

outgoing mail scanned for viruses by Norton.