Re: autocrossing (now: question on Grassroots)

> I'm not surprised a 356 can outrun a Honda Odyssey in an autocross, but
> I had to read this sentence twice to comprehend it. These cars are far
> more nimble than many newer, more excitingly-engineered cars (much less
> mini-vans). And with only 80 hp, you don't (I didn't) even use the
> brakes. I have to ask: What is the horsepower of the Odyssey, and does it
> have strut/coil or leaf suspension?

You're right.  I think the point of the article was that a minivan of
today - perhaps the most villified and "anti-performance" vehicle currently
offered for sale to normal passenger car buyers - can outrun even the most
iconic sports cars of yesteryear.  I mean, while they were trouncing the Jag
on the autocross course, they had "Lord Of The Rings" playing in the DVD
entertainment system...  Then they gave the Jag and Porsche back to their
respective owners, loaded the minivan back up with five people and three
hundred pounds of photographic and lighting gear, and drove home watching
movies and getting 30 MPG in complete comfort.  It's pretty amazing when you
think about it.

I think the power output of an Odessey is around 220 or so, but I'm not sure
what type of suspension it has.

Paul Misencik
P. Roman Media
Huntersville, NC  28078