Re: Autocrossing

> Autocrosses and gymkhanas in smallish venues are good levellers. The
biggest
> parking lot our sports car club up in Anchorage could get was at a bowling
alley,
> and covered maybe one acre. On one Sunday, FTD was a tie between a very
> precisely-driven Corvette and a Renault 4CV.

The cover story of Grassroots Motorsports magazine's current issue pits a
box-stock Honda Odessey minivan against both a Series 2 E-Type Jagauar and a
Porsche 356 coupe.  The Porsche just BARELY pips the minivan in the
autocross, but the Honda flat trounces the Jag...

There is also a blurb in there about a VERY respectable Yugo autocrosser,
and a whole long article about the merits of the Fiat 128 series.
Interesting read.

Paul Misencik
P. Roman Media
Huntersville, NC  28078