Re: Pretty GTV race car and de Dion bush replacement

Peter L. Krause wrote:

After breaking the factory tool trying to installs IAP SZ de Dion bush on
Ron Weddle's Verde, there is no easy way, period. Of course, Performatek may
be easy given the "top-hat" split design.
From my experience with the Performatek bushings, it shouldn't be too hard. They are naturally slippery, and will deform a remarkable amount.

You can see what it looks like here:
http://www.performatek.com/Alfa/bushings/GTV6-Milano/V6DDX.jpg

It's similar in size to the 164 dogbone mount, and to install that all I needed was a piece of threaded rod, some nuts, and some big washers. Lub it with the supplied lube, squeeze it in, then slip the metal part of the bushing in. No sweat.

It's hard to judge from the picture, but it looks like the lip on the de Dion bush has a less pronounced lip, so it should go in even easier.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org