milano chassis deformation Q

hey folks,

i am working on devoting an entire issue of the alfa
digest to milano questions, but thought i'd break them
out in to seperate posts.

while removing my sway bar last night, i noticed that
part of my chassis is deformed due to a previous
collision. i knew about the collision before. but the
particular thing i am interested in is knowing how
this is going to affect my suspension. currently my
bushings are so rotten (not to mention dead shocks)
that it would not be possible to feel this
deformation. but what will happen when i've tightened
it all up? the deformation in question is visible at a
weld seam near the passenger's side sway bar mount.
the weld joint has seperated (as indicated by
displaced underbody sealer) a bit (don't know if the
weld is actually broken) along a part that is parallel
to the ground, by about 3-4 mm. so this probably means
that the sway bar mount is displaced vertically by the
same amount.

-ethan schartman
-'87 milano gold
http://shopping.yahoo.com