re: Cold Air Intake

>Can anyone identify the air intake system on this beautiful Alfa and
>where it can be purchased (see link).  It looks as though it is using
>the right accessory light housing as the intake..WAY COOL.

The air intake system in the picture is a nice example of an approach
that's fairly common on vintage racing GTVs and GTAs.  My GTV has basically
the same setup.  It can't be bought as a system, however, so each
installation is unique, depending on the application and the preferences of
the builder.

The car in the photo has a GTA-style cold air box (it looks like the
fiberglass replica from AR Ricambi).  Air horns are used inside the box and
a flexible 4" duct leads to an intake at the grille.  When the rules allow
lights to be removed, the right inner headlight is sometimes used to duct
the cold air.  Alternatively, air can be taken from box around the
radiator.  Filtration is either by foam socks over the air horns or a
cone-type filter in the duct.

Dana Loomis
'71 GTV (SVRA #215)