164 24v radiator leak

I've started to lose a little rad. fluid and the leak is at the side of the
radiator, where the fins meet the (plastic?) tank.
   What's the wisdom regarding the "magic" stop-leak products?  Do any of
them work?   Will they work in an Aluminum/plastic radiator?   The Alfa part
is $400 and I'd like to delay, if I could,  YET ANOTHER > $500 job until
after March for employment reasons.  So far I'm just topping it off every 300
miles or so.
Thanks,
-mike mcmahon
94 164LS (door locks & latches possessed by winter demons)
86 graduate (my favorite car)