V-6 engine assembly question

Could anyone refresh my memory about the orientation of the thrust
washers in the V-6 lower end?  I have the factory workshop manual, and
the diagram seems to show 2 parallel to one another, not directly
opposing (not forming a circle, in other words).  Do you use 2 half
circle washers, or 4?  I am also unclear about the orientation of the oil
grooves: outward (away from the bearing), or inward (toward the bearing,
or in the case of two parallel washers, facing each other).

Thanks,

Al