Heads - DLAC

Biggest advantage of pushrod engines to the DIY car owner is how much it
simplifies removing and replacing the head, since you can do that
without disturbing the valve timing. I'm about as inept a mechanic as
anyone I know, but I managed to swap an MG 1100 head onto my 850 Mini
engine between lunch and beer-break one afternoon, out in someone else's
driveway. Adjusting valve-lash is a snap, as well. Try that with your
Alfa! I sure wouldn't with mine...

And second the motion on the proposition that hemi heads ain't the only
hot setup. The Climax FW engines, whatever their other little quirks and
crochets, managed to pump (ha, ha, get it?) plenty of horsepower out of
a non-crossflow SOHC wedge-head, as do lots of others. Some even with
pushrods!

Will Owen