Liner Removal - Thanks

Thanks to all who contributed to my understnding of liner removals. It seems that stuck liners are not unusual and Alfa actually has (had) a tool available for pressing them out. Also, heating the block helps loosen the liners, too.

Lew passed on "don't do this" pictures - scary - thanks for the pics, Lew!

I've passed the info along to the shop and they are assessing the situation. I gave them another liner to look at (they're Alfa newbies, after all) and they are devising a way to press the liners out *carefully*. I should mention that they do have a good amount of experience inserting and removing liners from other engine types, this is just their first Alfa.

Thanks again to all for your contributions!

Tom
Seattle
6310123
7711615