Re: Brake rotor removal 74 GTV

I'd try applying force from the rear side of the wheel with a BFH.  If you
are intending to use these wheels and don't want damage, you could use a
rubber or plastic BFH, or shield the rim with wood.

> Also,
> > the screws on the left front are stuck and the slots are stripping.  I
> > guess I could just drill them out and chase the threads in the hub
> with a
> > tap ?

Again, I'd try a focused use of force -- try rapping around the perimeter of
the "hat" of the rotor where the locator screws are with a hammer, this may
free up any corrosion enough to allow the screws to turn.  I've had success
with this method.  You could also heat the area around the screws with a
torch, the resulting expansion might also break things loose.

Tony
Portland, Or
74 GTV (for sale)
70 2800 CS (not yet but maybe)