Re: my shifter disengages when i go in reverse somtimes.

Peter Webb wrote:
With all the types of questions you've been asking, here is what you should
do:
Peter you forgot:

0) The subject line is for the subject, not the message. If the message is model specific include the model in the subject:

Example: Milano shifting problem

In answer to your original question, it's probably the shift linkage.
I'd bet it was the transmission mounts, and possibly rear engine mount. When they wear out they allow the transaxle/engine to move around enough to acctuate the shifter. Take a look at the gear shift when you are driving around... does it jerk about under acceleration?

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org