From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Mark Denovich
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2003 11:59 AM
To: Alfa Digest
Subject: Re: my shifter disengages when i go in reverse somtimes.

Peter Webb wrote:
> With all the types of questions you've been asking, here is what you
should
> do:

Peter you forgot:

0) The subject line is for the subject, not the message.  If the message
is model specific include the model in the subject:

	Example:  Milano shifting problem

> In answer to your original question, it's probably the shift linkage.

I'd bet it was the transmission mounts, and possibly rear engine mount.
   When they wear out they allow the transaxle/engine to move around
enough to acctuate the shifter.   Take a look at the gear shift when you
are driving around...  does it jerk about under acceleration?

	--Mark
	The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org