re:Steering wheel control buttons

While the metropolis I live in now is much smaller than yours, I do visit
yours occassionally and grew up in a city that was (at the time) the fourth
largest in Canada). From that base of experience I can't imagine why anyone
would be too attached to their horn buttons. I concede that there'll be the
occassional time when you might want to utilize your horn and take evasive
action at the same time, but unless you (not you personnally) are a
repeating instigator of these situations it's unlikely that the situation
would arise often enough to warrant the choice you've adopted
re:purchasing. More likely is the situation where you take evasive action
correctly without any need to utilize the horn. Certainly it's your right
as a consumer to make the choice you have, but you probably would find more
support from me if you we were discussing the purchase of cars with power
outlets or lighters. I don't think people should be talking on cell phones
while they drive, running Megadeath CD's at a zillion dBA, smoking, eating
or reading (yes reading!) while they drive which in my opinion is a much
greater risk to me than not being able to get to my horn button. As well
there's the risk that inappropriate or over-use of a horn can trip the old
road rage button in someone's head.
I've been driving for 36 years now and could quite comfortably live without
a horn at all. As for the other controls on the steering wheel, I don't
mind them at all. Those are controls that I'm more likely to have a use for
than my horn and won't have to take my hands off the wheel to access.
Come to think of it the horn in my Spider is disconnected anyhow because of
damage to the wire running inside the column.
For me, this just isn't too much of an issue, but each to his own! After
all that 's what keeps life interesting--------opinions.

best wishes,
Hugh
' 74 Spider