Re: GTV6 Fans

If you are wrong, its not your fault. Italians have a tradition to uphold of no two cars being exactly alike. There is, of course, less chance of that happening in a "production" car like the GTV-6 (of which about 22,000 were made), but it still is a sacred tradition that must be upheld. Heck, they made some 11,000 Ferrari 308 GTs too, but try to find two of them exactly the same. Expect Alfas to vary somewhat from example to example. And if the factory didn't do it, rest assured some P.O. has.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6

On Friday, Feb 7, 2003, at 15:11 US/Pacific, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 03:00:59 -0500
From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: GTV6 Fans

Well mine's an '82, and I'm almost positive that both fans are
supposed to come on with the thermoswitch on ALL YEARS.  I don't know
the details of the wiring on other years, but that car wouldn't have
had two fans if one was exclusively for the AC--the AC was optional
in Europe and they still had two fans.

As usual, I could be completely wrong,
Joe Elliott