Dead Milano for Sale in Arkansas

I bought a 1988 Milano Gold automatic for my daughter as a Christmas
present.  She is having difficulty learning to drive in heavy traffic and
shifting.  So I bought the Milano to help get her through her driver's test.
It ran great for 500 miles, then while on Interstate 40 died for no apparent
reason.  An attempt to restart popped the plenum off (about 1/2".)

After a tow home ($$$) my mechanic determined that
  1) The timing belt was still on and timed correctly
  2) The camshafts were timed correctly
  3) The valve clearances were screwed up.
  4) A leakdown test indicated #3 and #5 were leaking back into the plenum.

So both heads will have to be (at least) partially rebuilt.  My mechanic
quoted $2500 for a total head rebuild, which is more than I can put into the
car (it's tax paying season.)  I've already dropped about $2000 into
repairs/upgrades:
  * New transmission fluid
  * New steering rack boots
  * New flex joints
  * Replaced the rusted out DeDion crossmember and bushings
  * etc.

So I can't see any option other than selling the car as a parts car or a
project car.  It's been a great car to drive to work and a head rebuild (for
those of you mechanically inclined) should bring her back to life.  I'd
rather see her back to life, if possible.

It has the usual rust spots over the rear wheel well arches, but I have
replacements from IAP.  Load levelling system has been replaced with stock
springs/shocks by PO.  Red paint in good shape, beige cloth interior.
Surprisingly, the cruise control works (I've never had a Milano cruise work
before.)  The AFM is about 20k old, fuel pump the same.  Overall the car has
114k miles.  Stebro exhaust.  A/C in trunk.

If you're interested in buying the car, make an offer above $500.
Transporting is your problem <grin>.

(Or, if you feel sorry for my daughter losing her first and only Alfa, I
would gladly accept donations to rebuild the heads... <big grin>)

Howard K. Warren, Sherwood, AR
1995 BMW 318ti, "WhiteHawk", 75k miles
1985 Alfa Spider, "CODA", 140k miles
1985 Alfa GTV-6, "Falconi-II", 101k miles
1988 Alfa Milano, "Pandora", 114k miles (RIP)