re: Run on recycled cooking oil!

This idea really is as good as it sounds--I know a professor who runs his old Volvo on the stuff every day and has driven it across the country a few times. We have a lab here that prepares it for him. There are also more extensive tests being conducted that I'm not at liberty to talk about, but the most interesting thing is that last time I talked to this prof, he said to forget about "biodiesel," (as they call the cooking oil fuel) that he was running his car on unmodified sunflower oil now, right off-the-shelf from the grocery store!!

Joe Elliott

At 10:57 PM +0000 2/5/03, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 14:06:22 +0000
From: Darryl N Davis <d.n.davis@domain.elided>
Subject: Run on recycled cooking oil!

hi
 further to the alternatives to gasoline
 nice article on Top Gear (uk bbc motor program) last year
  on running diesel engines on cooking oil
  Take gallons of "used" cooking oil, filter out crud, add 5cc white
spirit to litre of oil
    and it will run diesel powered vehicl
    Works out about 1/10 of uk diersel prices
   They used volvo estate.and got MORE power than with diesel
  Added advantage is car SMELLs of your favourite restuarrant
    so we can use recycled Olive oil in alfa deisels and they smell like
    your favourite ristorante! (alfa content)
    or your mexican etc etc etc
  Good for famers too as they produce thr raw materials (oil bearing crops!)
- -- dd