Engine Swap

Hello All,

I'm new to the list - and new to Alfa's, having recently purchased a
1965 Giulia 1300 TI.  I am in the midst of building a 1981 2 liter
engine for it and have a few questions some of you have no doubt had
experience with.
1st.  Is it possible to leave the transmission in place to do the swap?
2nd.  The car currently has a hydraulic clutch bell housing, will the
1981 3 bolt starter bolt right on?  (obviously using the 1981 flywheel)
3rd.  Any general advise?  Anything I'm going to get hung up on when
it's all apart because I didn't think ahead?

Thanks for your advise,

Matt

65? Giulia 1300 TI
63 Velocette Venom Clubman