Spider gauges

Before you tear the dash part, it might be prudent to test the system
first -- do the errant gauges have power?  Since the fuel gauge works,
it's likely but not certain that the gauges are properly connected AND
grounded.  You can check to see if the gauges work.  I think the process
is that for the 1 wire sensors, grounding the wire that connects to the
sensor should bring the gauge to maximum deflection; however, there are
folks on the List who are much more knowledgeable than I so heed their
advice.

You can test to see if the coolant temperature sensor is working --the
directions are in the shop manual.  Ditto the oil pressure sensor.

The Spider gauges are a bit of an odd size and you'll have to make new
mounts, etc. so I'd try to fix what I had first.

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider
'87 Milano