Re:GTV Master Cylinders

Dan,

If everything else (calipers and linkages) are the same, the larger the MC
diameter, the higher the pedal effort.  The increase is proportional to the area
of the piston (or square of the diameter).

So, this means that
  (22/19)^2 = 1.34  ---> 22 mm needs 34% more pedal effort than 19 mm
  (23/19)^2 = 1.47  ---> 23 mm needs 47% more pedal effort than 19 mm
  (23/22)^2 = 1.09  ---> 23 mm needs  9% more pedal effort than 22 mm

Another thing to think about is how it will compare to the stock setup.  If you
increase both the caliper piston area (over stock) and the MC piston area (over
stock) by the same percentage, then you will have the same pedal effort and the
same pedal travel as before.  If you increase the caliper area by a higher
percentage than the MC, then you will have less pedal effort and more pedal
travel than before.

You need to make sure the MC diameter is large enough so that you dont run out
of pedal travel!

John Basel