Re: GTV electric cooling fans

> I want to install an electric cooling fan in my 74 GTV 2000.    I want a
> puller style and I don't really want the "nylon tie through the radiator
> fins" kind of mounting.  Can anyone give some suggestions on alternate
> mounting styles and what kind of wiring/temperature sensor arrangements
> work well.

Dan, the fan I put in my GTV is from Vintage Air, I bought it locally from a
shop that does radiator repair and A/C work (shameless plug --Mac's Radiator
in Portland, OR).  It came with metal brackets which I was easily able to
bend to make a good solid mount on the radiator support frame.  It comes
with the wiring needed for a direct connection, but I added a relay and
fuse.

I am using an adjustable thermoswitch with a probe that inserts into the
radiator tank through one of the hoses (I put it in the lower tank).  I have
not had any trouble with leaks, and it was easy to dial in the cut-on temp.

Fan was $85, thermoswitch was $23, I had the relay and all the other wiring
I needed but it might have cost another $20 if I didn't.  Install only took
about 2 hours, but I had the engine, radiator, and all grill and headlight
components out of the car at the time so I had nothing in my way.

Tony
70 2800 CS