Re: Transmission swap

John:

There are flywheel issues (number of teeth?) related to starter choice I believe, you can't just mix and match. Wrong match of starter gear and flywheel teeth will grind up the teeth. Then you'll do the job over and buy new parts.

Also, I believe the 3 bolt starter also has more hp or torque or both for those quick cold day starts or the crossing the finish line on the starter motor when you run out of fuel.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX USA