Snake Oils?

I recently saw a product which (it is claimed) removed the water from the
petrol tank by allowing it to mix with the fuel.  They claim water and petrol
dont mix and we could have water sitting in the tanks which could cause
problems.

On the face of it, this sounds quite good.  Water is bad and here is a
product that gets rid of it.  But is water really a problem, I have driven
for over 20 years and not had a problem with water, so is it fixing an issue
that is not a problem.

Steven
164 TS
Cumbria UK