re: 2003 Calendars

OMG!  Until I read the post below, I was just admiring the composition of the photographs.  As a photographer myself, I loved the linearity of the images, only vaguely noticing the shapes the linear forms made.  Incredible...I only hope it was done with film rather than computer.  I have to say that I am in awe now!

For those of you who didn't purchase the calendar, imagine a photo of water...growlers or bergettes (big chunks of ice but not big enough to be ice bergs) near the top of the photo.  Waves in the water reflect the white of the ice, wider at the top to narrowest at closest to the bottom.  Now imagine an Alfa grill.  The photographer does it again with clouds, sand dunes, and tree tops in the fog.  Genius.

Mike from Mississippi and Virginia

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:04:34 +0100
From: Luca <nodoubt@domain.elided>
Subject: re: 2003 Alfa calendars

at Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:26:18 -0500
>Has anyone else received the 2003 Alfa calendars from Alfa Bill?  I
>received mine today and couldn't wait to open it. Nice quality, but NO
>Alfas anywhere!  Has Alfa Romeo gone crazy?  Landscapes instead of
>advertising their cars?  What gives?
>Alan

They are not simple landscapes. It's the very best Alfa Art I've seen
around. The photographer who did it is a genius to me.

Take a better look.

HINT: Compare every pic with what you can see on the right side of the
months triad. ;)

"With dreams to be a king first one should be a man" Joey DeMaio
937, '87 Alfa 75 Turbo, '90 Alfa 75 1.8ie, '75 Benelli 500 Quattro, RM250
http://members.xoom.it/nodoubt73