Re: 75/Milano brakes for Alfetta

Worse, I believe the Milano shift rod (from the gearlever to the
transaxle) is the wrong length for the 116 cars.  You'd need to shorten
this link, or source one from a later GTV6.

As for the spindles, the Alfetta came with two sizes of spindles itself,
and I'm fairly certain neither one was the same size as the GTV6 spindles.
However, I *think* the GTV6 spindles are the same size as the Milano
spindles.  I would probably take as much of the front suspension as
you can...You'll also need new wheel bearings and seals.

It will be interesting to see how the Alfetta master cylinder will deal
with the 75 calipers front and rear.  The sizes are almost certainly
different.  If they're bigger, you may find yourself with an arrangement
that has a much longer pedal travel, and has a "needs to be bled" feel
no matter how good a job you do at bleeding.  If so, you'll need a larger
master cylinder to bring back the stock pedal feel.  The Milano master
cylinder might not work, as many of these cars came with ABS (at least
in the US).  A GTV6 master cylinder might work.

Finally, you'll need to worry about speedo drive, as the GTV6 and Milano
used an electric speedo with an electric sender in the transaxle, not
a cable like the Alfetta.

james montebello
(far too many cars right now)