Re[2]: Fren Tubo Website

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:21:13 -0500 "Dean W. Cains" <dwc@domain.elided> wrote:

> Hi Group:
>
> I don't know if I'd want aluminum fittings anywhere on a flexible brake
> line.  The site does show some with SS fittings, but denotes them for
> "nautical" applications.  Aluminum can't be DOT, SAE TUV, or SCCA
> approved,
> can it?  Anyone know?  Richard or Russ, maybe?

well, everything i've done has been steel except for an aluminum
proportioning valve in the line to the rear brakes. most folks recommend
steel for brake applications.

the SCCA specifies steel or steel braided lines when brake systems are
upgraded, but adapters, fittings, and connectors are unrestricted.

richard