Hagerty, update from original poster

Hi Group:

Thanks to everyone for all their information about insurance providers for our Alfa's. To clarify just a few things that some of you brought up with regards to Hagerty's treatment of my situation with my '74 & '87 Spider's, the person I spoke with was Linda-Marie. When I asked to speak to the underwriter, she said that was her job, and she was the person that decides which cars get covered and which don't. It was she also that mentioned my Spider's were depreciating assets, because, she said, there were just too many sold (and remaining) in the US to be regarded as classics. (Anyone care to hazard a guess at how many 60's Mustangs Hagerty might insure, which were pumped out of San Jose by the millions, and that can be created from scratch with a VISA card and a few catalogs? Are those classics?) Maybe I get a little too upset when someone insults the value, intrinsic or otherwise, of an Alfa, but there are reasons why we all drive and cherish the ones we own, and investment value probably isn't the first thing on the list.

Anyway, bitching mode off, there are several companies that seem more than willing to provide good coverage for my Spiders, and I should have the time to make the change within the next few weeks. Thanks again for all the good advice.

Regards,

Dean