164 battery replacement

Is it feasible and/or recommended to replace the battery in a '95 164LS with a battery that is smaller in size (but with a higher cca) that the original? My local auto parts chain's largest battery is shorter in heighth and width than the original, which means the bracket would not fit unless the battery is shimmed up with something underneath it.

I tried to look on the 164 site, but it wouldn't come up. Is it still out there?

Thanks,

Tim Carrico