RE: Conversion of '67 from single to dual circuit brakes

John,

STOP!!!! Okay, got that off my chest. Why would you want to change to the dual
circuit system that was only produced for 1 year for the US only? Other than
AlfaStop, parts are unavailable and based on my horrible experience with my 69
Berlina (still not right) a true nightmare.  You can read the details in the
Archives but I put in a rebuild kit on an MC that looked good and ended up
making the brakes worse. I then followed that up with a resleeve from White
Post ($225) which left me with too much free play in the pedal that even pro
mechanics couldn't figure out. I used to think brake hydraulics were pretty
straight forward but not anymore. If you do want the added safety of dual
circuit hydraulics, go for a hanging pedal conversion. Otherwise you'd be
better off buying a brand new (what a concept) single circuit MC which you
wouldn't have to worry about for years.

Mitch Wolberg,
69 Berlina - Horrible dual circuit barkes
69 Spider Jr. - Wonderful single circuit brakes