Re: alfa-digest V9 #195 - A couple questions

       Early Alfas like the Giulietta had pads on the underside of the hood.
You do not say what year Graduate, but it would have to be between 85 and 90.
 Alfas in recent years did not have underhood pads.  I am not sure exactly
when Alfa quit putting them in.  I know the Alfetta sedan I bought new in
1975 had one.
       Buy a set of 74 exhaust manifolds, a new 74 head pipe and a new
catalyst.  Buy the catalyst advertised by Alfa Ricambi in Alfa Owner for the
mid 1970s Alfas.  Get the input pipe from a rusted out center muffler, cut it
off and turn it around to weld to the new head pipe.  The new catalyst will
bolt in at both ends.  This will give a better flowing exhaust system, plus
the cat is a lot cheaper.  You will also need to make a mount for the O2
sensor.  Any competent muffler shop should be able to weld it up for you.
       Good luck on the Quadrifoglio spoiler.  I have been looking for one
for years.  The only one I have seen on eBay sold for $200 to $300, which I
was not willing to pay.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City