Re: 164LS coil failure?

>I am experiencing an intermittent "stumble" or "miss" usually at highway
>speeds on my 164LS - I think it may be one of the coils starting to fail.
>Does anyone know how I diagnose this exactly and if so how to determine
>which of the six coils is going bad?
>>Paul:
>>    Um, me too! But I don't think it's the coils. I have an sport auto
>>transmission '94 version. Upon hard acceleration, it would stumble.
>>Just intermittently, not repeatable.

My 91 164S 5 spd doesn't stumble, it trips.   I haven't tried to reproduce
the problem because it trips hard, and not on hard acceleration! It feels as
though I've reached the rev limiter, only harsher.  I think it kicks at
about 4500 rpm, but can't be certain. It began by having some starting
troubles, and now doesn't seem to be getting fuel.  It turns and turns and
turns. This just after replacing the transmission.  I'm guessing a bad relay
or sender, something electronic and magical. :(

Thoughts?

Steve Morgan