Valve Clearances

       It has been my experience that Alfa valve clearances do not change, if
set properly.  If the clearances start changing, then something is wrong.
Something like a valve sucking into the valve seat.
      The clearances will change over time as the cam lobes and the lifters
wear.  But that is a very slow process.
       I do suggest checking the valve clearances about every other oil
change. You need to pull the valve cover to change ALL the oil, including the
half quart in the cam galleys.  That is a good time to check the chain
tension, check the cam timing and the valve clearances.  Write down the
clearances and if they are changing next time you check, something is amiss.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City