valve clearances

Most specs I have ever seen were either written as:[.014 to .016] or [.015
plus or minus .001] Which tells me the engineer wants the clearance set at
.015 if at all possible and if not, then he gives an acceptable tolerance.
If you are running a racing application and want to play with the specs, that
is one thing but on a daily driver I believe you would be well advised to stay
pretty close to the established specs. Some of them engineers ain't as dumb as
we think they are!!
Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk Va