RE : GTV Wheel choices

Dan,

i have panasport 15x7 on my 73 GTV.  i got them many years
ago through AR Ricambi, and don't know the offset.  i am
running a dual purpose street / autocross suspension as well.
with 205 / 55- 15 tires, the fronts would occasionally rub on the
inside of the fender lips and the rear on the inside of the fender
well on HARD dips.  this seems to tell me that with big tires,
the offset should really be different front to rear.

i rolled the front fender lips and installed 1/4" spacers in the rear.
the front was cured, and the rear still occasionally rubbed.  i plan
to save the panasports for racing, where the tires never rubbed,
and use 14" rims with 195 or narrower tires on the street.

i found that with big sticky tires on the street, the limits were so
high ( and  loss of grip was also much more sudden ) that much
of the original fun factor of 'dancing' with the car was gone.  those
panasports sure look HOT though.

if you want to be competitive in autocross, you really should have
dedicated tires anyway.  especially if you have modified
suspension which technically puts you in street prepared.

dion fields
73 GTV
los angeles