Re: Valvetrain noise

Now, this is for the V6 engines only - I've had varying, even contradictory input on this subject from various sources, all of them worth listening to. Larry, the mechanic I most relied on in Nashville, said that a V6 that was silent at
idle was Big Trouble waiting to happen. Bill, the Guru of Atwater Village, has cranked our Milano down to a murmur at idle, and the thing f***ing shrieks at 6 grand and runs like a train the rest of the time. I've decided, pragmatist that
I am, that I'll just believe all of them until something brutal happens. In the meantime, I've been having entirely too much fun merging into freeway traffic lately...hey, Mazda, I got yer zoom zoom...!

Will Owen
Pasadena, CA