91 Spider idle

Hi,

I installed a new oil pressure sender on my '91 spider last night and all of a
sudden now intermittently the idle drops as the engine tries and sometimes
succeeds in stalling.  It is like the fuel or spark is momentarily cut off
just for an instant.  Then the idle resumes normally.  I tried disconnecting
the lead from the new oil pressure sender but that does not help.  I have
checked all of the connections and vacuum lines and can find nothing that I
could have inadvertently bumped and dislodged.  When the idle goes down the
"check engine" light flashes momentarily.  I am supposed to drive the car from
San Diego to Scottsdale, AZ tomorrow and am a bit concerned.  Can anyone help
with what else I might check?

Brian Peters

'91 Alfa Spider
'84 Alfa Spider