Re: Shocks for GTV

Although I've never used them on an Alfa, I've had VERY bad luck with Koni
yellows for any type of (even very occasional) street use.  The damping is
way, way, way too firm, and it shakes the hell out of the car and my
fillings.  I got all excited about getting the maximum possible grip and put
a set of Koni yellows on my old Porsche 914/6, and they were pretty much
intolerable.  On uneven pavement - especially high-frequency stuff, they
actually produced LESS grip then the Koni reds I ended up installing later.

My personal opinion is that Bilstein makes the best dampers in the world.
They're not adjustable, but no matter how much I've tweaked and toyed around
with my Koni reds, they never seem to feel as comprehensively
well-engineered as the Bilsteins.  This is, as I say, just my opinion, but
it was shared by the development engineers at the two high-performacne
tuning firms I've worked for in my life - AutoThority Porsche and RENNTech
Mercedes-Benz.

One other thing:  If you buy Bilsteins, shop around.  www.shocksonline.com
offers the correct application for my 1987 Spider for $74 each, which is a
lot cheaper than some of the standard sources...

Hope that helps,

Paul Misencik
P. Roman Media
Huntersville, NC  28078