Re: Alfas as orphans

Ah, but bargains can also be found.  I picked up my
1994 164LS from the San Fran. Chronicle classifieds.
The owner wasn't an Alfisti, but rather a Ferrari
nut... and he loved the car.  Unfortunately his wife
didn't.  It was well cared for, well maintained and
dirt cheap because they needed to sell it quick.

It doesn't hurt to scan the "normal" channels, but I
agree that the best cars typically show up in the Alfa
only channels, but at fair prices, not bargain prices.

Cheers,
Ian "i seem to have no problem finding alfa's" Lomax
71 Spider - thrilled with new engine
74 GTV - waiting to be ressurected
75 Alfetta GT - obligatory nonrunning 'fetta
91 Saab 9000 Turbo - daily driver / alfa parts hauler
SF Bay Area, CA