Re: 1991 Spider Veloce Starter Problem - help

I agree with Jason.  However, the current thru Alfa ign switches is usually
high and contributes to early, some would say inevitable, failure.

Tim, I am unfamiliar with US Spider electrics but on my Alfettas it was
always battery voltage (nom 12V) at the solenoid control wire.  If there isn
t any, then the switch is probably the culprit, or at least the main
connector at the steering column.  Someone may have fitted a relay in this
circuit which could be at fault.  This is a good idea, but only if you know
one has been fitted.

The starter circuit won't normally have any fuses, although later model cars
could have a fusible link at the battery.  Also confirm that the battery is
good as a 12V reading could be a surface charge on a faulty battery.   Do
the dash lights dim significantly when you turn the key to "start" ?

Beatle

Beatle
Oz
'89 75TS