RE: Matching revs...

On my car, I built up the brake pedal so that it was level with, and closer to, the throttle.  Used a piece of square section aluminium tube, about twice as wide as the original brake pedal, and about an inch and a half deep.  Fitted a curved rubber pedal pad over the stomping-on surface.  Drilled four hole in my original brake pedal, and mounted my new pedal pad on it using flush mounting machine screws.  I was pretty careful about it, as it would be the worst thing to stomp on the brake in a hurry and find the pedal was loose, but the final result is rock hard, firm, comfortable, and easy to use.

Originally, I could fit my foot in the space between the brake and accelerator.  Now there's slightly less than an inch gap, so that I can have the majority of the ball of my foot on the brake pedal, and just roll onto the throttle with the right side of my foot.

Regards,
Anthony