RDe: Sheet Metal Gauge

Kelly,

I've been in the process of rust repair on my Spider and the easy availability
of sheet metal seems to be limited to 22 gage (~ 0.03") and 16 gage (~0.06").
This is based on local sources and a check of McMaster Carr.  The metal on the
car is more like a 20 gage (~0.036) on floor boards and general body panels.
Replacement panels from Wolf Steel are 20 gage.  I have not measured the
firewall but it looks to be the same as the floor boards.  IMHO if the holes
are small, it's not critical to exactly match the thickness and 22 gage would
be fine if your limited to what my availability is.

Good Luck and Happy Roads,
Al
AROC w/
More cars than my wife's happy with and no motor cycles!