re: Milano Radiator Water level indicator

I don't know exactly what the design for this float looks like in the
Milano, but here's a trick that worked on my 164 (which I'm going to
blindly assume is a similar system).  Ditch the OEM float and replace it
with one of the new plastic wine bottle corks.  The ones that have a
marbled appearance are a light density plastic that floats almost
exactly the same as the OEM float.  On the 164, I snipped the old float
off the end of the wire and just jammed the plastic cork in its place.
You may or may not have to do some more engineering for the Milano...
It would seem that there are plenty of digest readers who can supply
these corks (I'm seeing them fairly often in the things I drink).

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'91 164L
'74 GTV 2000