Re: Heel and toe mod

> It's not my part that's for sale on eBay, but I will comment that it's
> primarily for Spica-injected Spiders, and the one on my '74 Spider works
> great.  The carb cars and Bosch-injected cars have completely different
> linkage, and on (some?) Spica GTV's, there is apparently a clearance issue
> with a cowl drainage hose.  I can't comment on the Berlina application.

I've got the Shankle kit on my 74 Spica GTV.  The cowl drain hose can
interfere, but with a little patient adjusting it's pretty easy to get the
full range of motion without any contact with the hose.  The kit was on the
car when I bought it, I didn't realize it wasn't stock until it was pointed
out to me by another Alfisti.  I thought all this noise about trouble with
heel & toe maneuvers was odd, as I was having no problems.  Of course,
constantly jamming on the brakes as I go for the the clutch with my EE-width
flappers is a bit unsettling. . .  I should cut off the clutch pedal and
re-align it to the left.

Tony